Tuesday, November 25, 2008

To The Person Who Found My Shampoo

To Whom it may concern,

Are you the one who found my shampoo and conditioner in the gym shower? Yes? It was in a green bottle and not the cheapie kind like you get at Target. Oh no, this time I splurged and treated myself to a nice, wonderful smelling, all natural, good for my hair variety. I even sprung for the matching conditioner because I was indulging myself with something nice. I’m just wondering if you considered turning it in to the lost and found before stuffing it into your gym bag. Did it cross your mind?

I’ll concede that it was a not the brightest thing to leave it in the shower, along with my facial cleanser. Did you take that too? I'll take that part of the blame. In fact, I was prepared to take full responsibility until the lady working the front desk apologized and I said “well, it’s my fault for leaving it in the shower” and she answered “No, SOMEONE shouldn’t have stolen it.” She’s right, you know. Leaving my stuff in the shower makes me kind of an airhead, taking it makes you kind of a thief.

You see, there’s a Lost and Found for a reason, and that reason is when someone has a forgetful moment, they can have their things returned to them. I’ve seen it work before. It’s a beautiful thing to be reunited with a lost sweater, or a towel, a set of keys, or maybe even hair products. Not this time, however, because it seems that you took them. You could have turned it right in and made my day. Instead, you kept it for yourself.

Don’t worry, though. I’ll move right on past this. I probably won’t go out and buy another bottle, because it was hard enough for me to spend $15.00 on a small bottle of shampoo the first time around. I’ve only used a tiny amount of it before I had that small lapse in brain function so I guess I'll just go get something more practical. Time for goodbye Aveda, hello Pantene.I'm not thrilled about it,but I won’t be wondering if that’s you there next to me in Spin Class. I won't be on the look out for ladies with fabulous hair, and I am letting my frustration that anyone would steal something so ridiculous as shampoo all out in this letter. I am letting it go.

So, since you have it now, please enjoy. Cherish the yummy smell and the shiny, clean, soft, voluminous hair it gives you. If you need more, I can point you in the direction of the salon where you can buy some.

Sincerely,

The Idiot Who Left the Fancy Shampoo in the Shower

This is an original Deep South Moms post. When Rebecca isn’t losing stuff she’s taking care of her boys and writing all about it at Life With Boys.

ShareThis
Posted by Rebecca on November 25, 2008 at 10:00 AM in Rebecca | Permalink

Technorati Tags: Deep South Moms, humor, Life With Boys, lost, shampoo, stolen

Deep South Moms, humor, Life With Boys, lost, shampoo, stolen TrackBack
TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d83451bae269e2010536122c1b970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference To the Person Who Found My Shampoo :
Comments

Sue @ My Party of 6 said...
Oh no. That stinks. I wonder if it's the same person who took my brand new (not fancy, but NEW) lock and key a few weeks ago. Hurumph. Karma's a bitch though - they'll get theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment